AS MEMBERS OF NAMIB HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY WE
- Respect the beliefs, customs, languages and individuality of others
- Promote honesty and mutual trust
- Demonstrate social responsibility and courage and integrity
- Create an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and individual growth
- Take pride in our school and ourselves by caring for our environment and by embracing lifestyles which promote good health and happiness
- Motivate, support and encourage others to achieve a common goal
- Show initiative and creativity and become constructively involved in school activities
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
- Be well prepared for all lessons.
- Be fair and consistent.
- Do not make degrading remarks about learners or teachers.
- Be in class on time.
- Do not only threaten – follow up.
- Punish learners yourself for transgressions in your class.
- Use the CWES system effectively – also report to management on the actions you have taken.
- Support and assist your colleagues.
- Act professionally at all times. Settle problems and differences with colleagues in private.
- Talk to learners about their manners, dress and language wherever you meet them.
- Focus on the positive and praise.
- Contact and inform parents if there is a consistent problem with a learner. If necessary, conduct a personal conversation with the parents, and inform management about the nature and outcome of those conversations.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLASS CAPTAINS
- Set an example at all times by obeying all classroom rules.
- Take up problems in the class with the class teacher / LRC member.
- Assist the class with all class projects and school functions.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR LRC MEMBERS
- Be an example at all times in and outside school by obeying all school rules.
- Represent the interest of the learners by ensuring good conduct of all learners in the school and outside.
- Work closely with the class teachers and class captains.
- Assist in checking learners’ appearance, e.g. uniform and hair.
- Do playground duty.
- Be responsible for orderly movement in corridors.
- Oversee punishments you give for breaking dress code, behavior on the playground or in the corridors.