Rules relating to common courtesy and respect
- Be punctual at all times
- Not chew gum while on school premises or in school uniform
- Take hands out of the pockets when addressing others
- Not run, shout or misbehave in corridors
- Not talk during announcements
- Not use foul language
- Obey reasonable instructions
- Attend meetings or extra-mural activities regularly
- Not pet, hold hands or “smooch” on the school grounds
Rules relating to rights and safety of others
It is forbidden to:
- Possess, display or use weapons, matches and lighters
- Smoke on school grounds or in school uniform or at school related functions
- Use alcohol in school or in public
- Use, possess or deal in drugs in school or out of school
- Bully, intimidate or fight
- Possess, display or deal in pornography or any material that is deemed inappropriate for teenagers by the school management
- Cheat or lie
- Sexually harass others
- Move in the building during lessons without the written permission of a teacher.
- Misbehave during school events
- The use of cell phones or any electronic devices is prohibited.
It is forbidden to:
- Be in a classroom during break as well as before and after school without the permission of a teacher.
- Leave classrooms dirty and untidy
- Vandalize school property in any way, e.g. by writing on desks or leaving dirty marks on walls
- Write in or damage textbooks
- Enter “out of bounds” rooms, e.g. staffroom, library, laboratories, without the permission of a teacher
- Eat or drink in classrooms, the library, the hall or the foyer
Rules related to absenteeism
All learners must:
- Attend school regularly
- Attend all prescribed lessons and assemblies
- Submit a written apology from parents / hostel superintendent for absence due to illness to the class teacher on the day he / she returns to school
- Submit a doctor’s certificate for any absence of more than 3 days.
- Submit a written request from parents to the principal for permission to be absent from school for any reason except illness beforehand
- Learners absent form school during the examination should hand in a doctor’s certificate.
If a pattern of absenteeism on Mondays and Fridays, or at the beginning and end of a term is noticed, a written warning may be issued and appropriate disciplinary action instituted.
- No learner is to leave valuables or money unattended at any time during or after school.
- Learners must carry their textbooks in bags designed for that purpose, i.e. backpacks and plastic bags, etc. are not permitted.
- Radios, walkmans, tape recorders or any other electronic equipment may only be brought to school with the permission of a teacher.
- Use of cell phones during lessons, assemblies, meetings or school functions is not permitted.
- No notices / posters may be put up or handed out in school without permission of the principal.
- The dress code, including hair and jewellery, must be adhered to at all times.
- Classroom rules and examination rules must be complied with.
- A learner who is found guilty of criminal offences in a court of law will be recommended for expulsion.
The school reserves the right to take action against any learner behaving in a manner which disturbs or impedes the function of the school as an educational institution or reflects adversely on the good reputation of the school.