For acceptance into Namib High School,
a learner must meet the following criteria:
- the learner has no criminal record
- the learner’s age does not exceed the normal average class age by more than three years
- the learner has passed his/her grade at the previous school
- the learner is able and willing to make a subject choice from the options offered at Namib High School
- the learner did not have to leave a previous school on account of a serious offence
- the learner must have been at school for the duration of the previous year, or else be at school at the time of application if the learner applies during a school year
- a completed application form, copies of a birth certificate / ID card / passport and the last two reports are handed in at the school secretary’s office.
- a school place will most likely be offered at a meeting – Grade 8
- parents are requested to notify the school, by means of a completed acceptance form, of their intention to enroll their child at Namib High School (towards the end September – Grade 8)
- new Grade 8 parents have to pay N$500 school fees by the end of November and the balance by June the following year
- final acceptance will only be given after receiving the final report of the previous year, all above- mentioned documentation, a completed acceptance form
- if a learner is not accepted, the parents will be notified in writing
- Parents of learners at the school should not have any outstanding school fees
- All parents must pay N$500 school fees up front
At the beginning of a year, new Grade 8 learners will have an orientation period of about 2 weeks, which ends with the Grade 8 concert during school time.
Special regulations governing the admission of Grade 11 pupils:
- learners are admitted to Grade 11 on the basis of their achievements in English and the 5 best subjects in Grade 10;
- Namib High School has 105 places available for Grade 11 learners.
If more learners apply, the following procedure will be followed:
- learners who attended Namib High School in Grade 10 and passed Mathematics with a D symbol or better, get preference
- learners with the highest number of points will be admitted first
- Namib High School may be contacted as from 15 January for further information.